The reason we started Ya Amar is because we love to dance, and we love sharing this beautiful dance with others.
Giving back to the community is an important belief for us, and that’s why we were proud to offer scholarships to a few dancers for our last event (Aiwa ya Sahar). We will continue to provide these opportunities at our upcoming events as well, so that hard working, wonderful dance students are able to grow to their fullest potential without any obstacles.
If you wish to apply or nominate someone for a scholarship, please fill out a Dance Scholarship Application Form here:
*Communication and scholarship recipients will always be kept confidential, unless the recipient wishes otherwise.*
In Toronto! July 14+15th, 2018
For the first time in Canada – International dance sensation ESMERALDA COLABONE
brings her signature style and flare to Toronto for a weekend of workshops! Hosted by Ya Amar.
Esmeralda will join us for 9-hours of dance training July 14+15th, 2018
- Esmeralda Style (2 hours): Esmeralda will share her unique way of feeling, thinking and expressing in her dance technique and presentation. Ps. Bring your turban if you dare!
- Drum Solo choreography(2.5 hours): Esmeralda’s exclusive Drum Solo that will make you shake shake shake!!! With her signature Esmeralda styling of course.
- Arab dance technique throughout time
(2 hours): explore how Arab dance went from strong, raw folkloric style to the contemporary style that dominates the dance scene today.
- Egyptian classic (2.5 hours): technique and choreography on a beautiful classic Egyptian song. Posture, Turns and Attitude mode on!
Theatre Studio 313
FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
Super Early Bird (until March 31, 2018): $225!
Regular early bird (until June 1, 2018): $225 + fees ($254)
Regular price after June 1, 2018: $245 + fees ($276)
Local/Canadian dancers: Please send payment by e-transfer to [email protected]
USA/other international dancers: Contact us for payment options
If you’re registered/register for our Shahrzad workshops, you’ll get a $25 discount on your Esmeralda registration!! (offered until March 31, 2018).
*All prices listed are in Canadian dollars.
*All sales are final, all payments/deposits are non-refundable.
*Registration is non-transferable.
*Venue locations are subject to change at discretion of the organizers.
*In the case of a cancelled event, full refunds will be given on workshop fees, minus any transaction fees.
Shahrzad in Toronto!
September 22+23, 2018
International Dance Superstar – SHAHRZAD will be in Toronto for the first time for a weekend of fabulous workshops, September 22+23, 2018!
FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
- Technique Master class (2 hours)
(shimmies, flutters, isolations, fluidity and all that good stuff!)
- Gorgeous Golden Era technique/styling and combos (2 hours)
- Rockin’ Drum Solo choreography (2 hours)
- Folklore Mix, technique and combos of a few of Shahrzad’s favorite folklores (2 hours)
REGISTRATION AND PRICING
8 hours of dance training with powerhouse dancer Shahrzad!
Super-Early Bird, until December 31, 2017: ONLY $225 (no additional fees!) plus FREE GALA TICKET included!
*Super-Early Bird must be paid in-full at time of registration
*Early Bird rate can be held with a deposit
Early Bird, Jan 1st 2018 to May 1st: $225 + fees (Total: $254), Gala tickets available for only $10
Regular Price, May 1st, 2018 to Sept. 21, 2018: $245 + fees (Total: $276), Gala tickets available for only $15
Regular Gala ticket price (non-attendees of workshops): $20
Payment can be made by e-transfer or paypal. Please message us before sending payment.
- All prices listed are in Canadian dollars.
- All sales are final, all payments/deposits are non-refundable.
- Registration is transferable until April 15th, 2018. After April 15th, 2018 all existing and new registrations are non-transferable.
- Venue locations are subject to change at discretion of the organizers.
- In the case of a cancelled event, full refunds will be given on workshop fees, minus any transaction fees (paypal fee, credit card fee, etc.)
To be confirmed
Shahrzad has been enchanting the stage since she discovered her passion for Arabic dance and music at the age of 11. Since then, she has immersed herself in a variety of dance disciplines–including Modern Egyptian belly dance and many regional and folkloric dance styles from North Africa and the Middle East. Her professional career started when she was 17, working full time as a performer at shows with live bands at top venues and events in the United States. Most of Shahrzad’s technique and choreography is influenced by her training in Egyptian dance.
Shahrzad has been mentored by some of the top Egyptian dance instructors in the world including Madame Raqia Hassan, Nourhan Sharif, Faten Salama, Habiba, and many more. She has traveled extensively to do in depth study about the music, dance, and cultural traditions surrounding both so that she can give students a deeper knowledge of the roots of belly dance as well as its modern uses.
Inspired by her interest in teaching, Shahrzad underwent a 2 year Pilates apprenticeship. Now as a fully certified Pilates instructor with extensive training in anatomy and movement she is able to bring a new level of education to her students by breaking down technique in detailed terms right down to what each muscle of the body is doing.
Shahrzad currently resides in Cairo and regularly travels internationally to teach and perform and continues to inspire students and audiences all over the world with her deep passion for dance.